CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

blog 11

Here my list from easiest to hardest to go without:

#5 Restaurants- I can go without eating outside. All these takeout places uses too much resources to make there restaurant exciting. For example the kids meals. They use cardboard boxes to make the happy meals and try to make it appealing to the children. When in fact the kids just care about the toy inside they don’t really care about the box it just ends up in the trash. A true
Waste!!!

#4 movie tickets- well I love movies but im sure there other ways to show you paid to see a movie they could stamp your hands to show proof of purchase. That could save a lot of paper used for making the tickets. And also you could just wait till the movie goes on cable which doesn’t take long…

#3 magazines- well I enjoy receiving magazines in the mail ,like cosmo’s or seventeen but most people look at the magazines and when there done toss them away, a much as I enjoy reading magazines it is truly a waste…

#2 Dvds- I love my movies I collect them and I have over 300 and still growing. Even though their unnecessary item, to make sure there not a waste to our environment, When I die I will leave in my will to pass on my movies from generation to generation so they will never end up in a e-waste landfill.

#1 Air conditioner- I can’t live without my air conditioner. I HATE THE HEAT. The fan doesn’t help. Cold showers don’t help I have to be in a.c especially at night. I won’t be able to sleep at night without one. Yes I am guilty of over usage of electricity. But I can say my a.c. is energy saver. So I do think about the environment too ;-)

3 comments:

LovelyDiamond said...

It's funny, because your list would be mine but backwards lol. Restaurants is hard for me to stop going too I usually eat out twice a day, bad huh, I'm always out so I gotta work on that...It's about time I start cooking. Dvds I don't collect I just got to blockbuster. Magazines I'm so so, but I never buy them and the ac, well I don't mind the heat unless it's over 90, but I can sleep without it, ususally I sleep wiith 2 quilts and 1 in the summer, lol. Well good luck, I think we'll be making some progress real soon!!

Jeffrey said...

about the movie tickets, is a very good idea about the stamping, however, you could just buy it online like many people do.

playablue said...

Netflix is a great option, but I am not so sure if your a collector.

Ever think of cookin a nice meal for yourself....its hard at first as it was for me, but it gets better, and you exactly what's in it instead of what you think is in it.