CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blog 7 (my research paper)




The reason I chose my topic is that it does not affect only the environment it affects all people, animals, and plants. The topic I chose for my research paper is pollution. Pollution comes in different forms. It comes in air, water and land.

Chemical substances being release in the air cause Air pollution. Water pollution is cause by human activity dumping trash and toxic waste into the oceans, lakes and rivers. In addition, Land pollution is contamination of land surface and soil of Earth.

I think all who cares about the environment would want to learn more and would want to read my paper because my paper will have all they need to know about the three major types of pollution.

My paper will be useful to all because I will get down and dirty, and expose all those who are responsible for polluting the earth.

Here are three annotated sources I will include in my paper:
www.lbl.gov/education/ELSI/pollution-main.html. This website has great basic info on air pollution.
www.umich.edu/~gs265/society/waterpollution.htm. This website has lots of info on water pollution including graphs, photos and diagrams.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/land-pollution.html. This website has great info on land pollution. This article has a lot of good information I can use in my paper.

6 comments:

LovelyDiamond said...

Hey

yes POLLUTION is EVERYWHERE. We breathe it, see it, cause it, and get sick because of it, and even put it all over our bodies, YUCK!! It hurts us and our environment. So as you can see I find your topic.., interesting lol and important!! It seems like you have some god information. Looking forward to read your paper!!

playablue said...

I have have read your post, but one of your links does not work. Since you have land and water covered, I want to know is what about air pollution are you going to be addressing. Would you go in depth with it, like how asthma is being spread becuase of the pollution in the air? Maybe you could speak with that speaker from the "Green Urbanism," I believe he was a nurse in the school, and knew alot about asthma.

The website on water polltuion is very informative, especially with the breakdown on the wastewater treatment. I love detail...

Fletcher said...

I think you're on the right track, but perhaps looking at too large a topic to do it justice.

There is so much pollution in countless forms from countless more sources. To write about pollution as a concept would be a noble task, but you could never really get into specifics because there are too many angles.

I would suggest (and feel free to ignore me completely) that you narrow it down a little. Focus on one type of pollution, like car exhaust or nuclear power. Or how about looking at the repurcussions of the Exxon Valdez, Chernobyl or the ozone layer?

Target something more specific, ad you'll have a better change of explaining it in detail. Pollution as a topic just seems too big by itself.

Marock said...

Oh...great. I was thinking about pollution. I think pollution is a serious problem for human beings.
I think your link list is useful to know about pollution. In my personal opinion, I think we should protect our environment from pollution,

Doctor X said...

you know it, i know it--pollution is too big a topic; you gotta narrow it down.

The World said...

Christina,

I think your topic is too big… Have you consider (maybe) pollution in NYC…. Over the last weeks there was a lot of controversy in the news because the NYS Senate decided to debate a bill proposed by major Bloomberg… This bill was called CONGESTION PRICING PLAN. Its goals was to reduced air pollution in NYC… You should look into be cause…. Ask me about if you are interested in it.