CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

we have only one mother earth we all can chip in to help her

I can say I do my share in helping the environment during my everyday life. When I wake up I only shower I don’t take baths due to the extreme water usage in America. A report by the U. S. Geological Survey (USGS) “stated in the year 2000 Americans used an estimated 408 billion gallons of water per day”. Since then more and more water is being used. I also help the environment because I use only energy saving items in my apartment such as my washer and dryer. I changed all my light bulbs to the new energy saving ones. I live in public housing and they don’t recommend recycling because they just discarded all the trash in black bags but at home and at work I still recycle even though it may not be separated once it leaves my hands, but at least I no in my mind I did my part in helping.
I also rely on public transportation, such as the subways and buses. Due to the high usage of cars and its chemical gases that is destroying our ozone, I take trains and buses because I no there environmentally safer then cars. And if I don’t travel by train or bus I just simply walk because walking it safe and it’s also healthy on my part. Most people don’t believe that something little like turning the air conditioner off during the summer when no ones home, or just using non aerosol sprays in your household can help our environment so much. It really is true when people say the little thing does count.

1 comments:

Doctor X said...

I am glad you chose to focus on beings other than humans. Part of the problem we have today is that we are ego-centric (and greedy) as a species and see everything in nature as a "thing" to consume. We need to learn that we are ONE part only of a bigger network...